根据 StudentSecure 的保险条款，留学生／访问学者符合以下的条件可以申请：
1. 是在美国的大专院校注册的全日制学生（不包括网上大学），或者是在成为全日制学生之前的31天之内，可得到StudentSecure 保险的保障。
2. 或在美国的教育机构从事工作或研究，每周至少30小时的全日制学者，可以申请 StudentSecure 保险。
3. 或者年龄在19周岁以下，在美国的中学注册学习的留学生，也可以申请StudentSecure 保险。
持有效的 F-1 或 J-1 签证的留学生／学者，不需要满足全日制学生学者这一条件，只要在有效的 F1/J1 签证期内就可以申请StudentSecure 保险。比如持 F-1/ J-1 签证参加 Optional Practical Training 或者 Curricular Practical Training 的留学生，在语言学校学习的留学生等都可以申请。持其它类别签证如 M1 签证去美国留学的学生，仍需满足全日制学生的要求。
1. You must be under age 65; and
a. A full-time student at a college or university (excluding online colleges and universities); or
b. Within 31 days of being a full-time student at a college or university; or
c. A student under age 19 enrolled in a secondary school; or
d. A full-time scholar affiliated with an educational institution and performing work or research for at least 30 hours per week; and
2. You must be residing outside your home country for the purpose of pursuing international educational activities; and
3. You must not have obtained residency status in your host country; and
4. If in the U.S., you must hold a valid education-related visa. A copy of the I-20 or DS2019 may be requested.
J-1 and F-1 visa holders: The full-time student/scholar status requirement is waived within the U.S. if you have a valid F-1 visa (including OPT) or a J-1 visa. Full-time status requirements remain in force for individuals holding M-1, or other category visas.
Full-time Student means a student at a college or university who is taking 10 credit hours (undergraduate students) or 6 credit hours (graduate students). Full-time student status for individuals enrolled at colleges or universities that do not use a credit hour system must provide documentation of full-time student status.
Full-time Scholar means an individual who is affiliated with an educational institution and is engaging in educational activities for at least 30 hours per week. These activities may include but may not be limited to performing research in an area of specialty or teaching for a temporary period of time.”